Sunday, November 25, 2012

If you were here, I'd tell you I'm sad again. It was bound to happen. What a glorious long stretch of happiness, though. That felt so good. I wish it weren't over.

I can't sustain optimism anymore. Whatever it is that's been making it possible for the past while ran out. I can do short bursts, but then, phthbt. Went to karaoke last night. Finished at eight. Been dead ever since. The world is just cold and heavy now and I want to sleep and sleep and sleep.

In two minutes I'm leaving for expat Thanksgiving, which I keep telling family and friends that I'm looking forward to in the hopes that if I keep saying it it will be true. I just want to sleep. I don't want to see people. I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

But I will. I always do. Sadness passes.

If you were here, I'd nod and walk away.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Dramatic change of blog format! I like them both, but this one is easier to read (especially when I'm slouched in my chair looking up at the LCD monitor from the wrong angle).

    :(. Huh, I went karaokeing last night, too. Karaoke is super-fun for me most of the time, but sometimes it can make a bad mood worse. For me, it's the non-stop barrage of idealized sugary-pop love and good feelings that are so cheaply sold in those songs and music videos and yet that I feel I can't really relate to.

    Sadness does indeed pass, thank goodness for both of us. Just wait for it. Sometimes that's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was tired of the old format. Glad you like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete